I've been remiss in keeping up with this blog. I've really missed it. For those of you that don't know, I'm a Special Education teacher and during the school year, my life is consumed with school. But I'm trying to be better about it.
A niece added me to a cooking group on Facebook called Once Upon A Cook. They recently held a competition in the spirit of the tv show Chopped. They gave 4 ingredients that had to be used, chicken, mango, zucchini and pasta or noodles. I thought about it and it tossed in my mind for several days and then I decided to go for it. My entry was for Chicken Mango Curry with Udon noodles. I won!!!!! But I won in more ways than one. This recipe is to die for. It turned out so good and I'm so proud of it. Just a word of caution though, I tend to make big batches and eat leftovers for a couple of days so if you are looking for a one time meal you might want to cut the ingredients in half.
I hope you'll try it! I promise it is really good.
- In a skillet or wok brown the chicken in oil over medium high heat. Set chicken aside.
- In the same wok, add curry paste, garlic, and slowly add the coconut milk and broth.
- When curry is mixed in add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mango, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Heat thoroughly.
- Cook udon noodles in boiling water till done.
- Serve curry over udon noodles and garnish with cilantro.